Requirements: Must be 4 by December 31
Ratios: Ohio Job and Family Services allows for a 1 teacher to 12 students ratio, however we maintain a ratio of 2 teachers to 14 students. This allows for quality programming and ensures the children’s sense of safety and security within the classroom.
Curriculum: The goal of our program is to meet the Ohio Preschool Standards that are set by the state, and we use Creative Curriculum as a guide. Our highly qualified teaching staff plans activities based on the interests and needs of the children.
Three days a week, we offer morning classes from 9:00-11:30 and afternoon classes from 12:30-3:00.
- Are a little older and more socially prepared for school.
- Are expected to have more social skills than a twice a week 3’s class.
- Are encouraged to ask questions and to explore the environment.
- Are encouraged to express themselves through art, music, science, movement, language and large motor experiences.
- Will participate in more interactive play with their peers.
- Will learn to develop social skills through cooperative play.
- Will practice following simple directions, participate in small and large group activities, and to use words to solve problems.
- Will begin to write their first name.
- Will recognize upper case letters.
- Will also be exposed to counting, naming colors and shapes.
- Will begin to sort and classify objects.
- Will develop large motor and fine motor skills.
- Will participate in Bible class every other week.
- Will attend Music class every other week.