Requirements: Must be 3 by September 30
Expectations: The children must be toilet trained and able to complete bathroom needs on their own.
Ratios: Ohio Job and Family Services allows for a 1 teacher to 12 students ratio, however we will maintain a ratio of 2 teachers to 12 students. This allows for quality programming and ensures the children’s sense of safety and security within the classroom.
Curriculum: The goal of our program is to meet the Ohio Preschool Standards that are set by the state, and we use Creative Curriculum as a guide. Our highly qualified teaching staff plans activities based on the interests and needs of the children.
We offer morning classes two days a week from 9:00-11:30.
- To ask questions and to explore their environment.
- Express themselves through art, science, creative play, language, and large motor experiences.
- To take turns and share space.
- To begin parallel play.
- To follow simple directions.
- To participate in small and large group activities.
- To use words to solve problems.
- To be introduced to upper case letters.
- To recognize the letters of their name.
- To be exposed to counting and number recognition.
- To name colors and shapes, sort and classify objects.
- To focus on beginning classroom skills, cognitive skills, large motor and fine motor skills.
- To participate in Bible Class every other week.
- To attend Music class every other week.