Requirements: Must be 4 by September 30 for the 4 year old program/Must be 4 by August 30 for the Extended Day
Prerequisite: Self-help skills (for example: washing hands, using tissues, putting on a coat)
Ratios: Ohio Job and Family Services allows for a 1 teacher to 12 students ratio, however we will maintain a ratio of 2 teachers to 14 students. This allows for quality programming and ensures the children’s sense of safety and security within the classroom.
Curriculum: The goal of our program is to meet the Ohio Preschool Standards that are set by the state, and we use Creative Curriculum as a guide. Our highly qualified teaching staff plans activities based on the interests and needs of the children.
For the 4 year old program we offer three days a week, morning classes from 9:00-11:30 and afternoon classes from 12:30-3:00 . For the extended day program, we offer three days a week from 9:00-12:45.
- Is designed to prepare children for Kindergarten.
- Encourages each child to ask questions and to explore their environment.
- Invites children to express themselves through art, science, movement, language and large motor experiences.
- Allows a child to learn to develop social skills through cooperative play.
- Helps children learn to follow simple directions, participate in small and large group activities, and to use words to solve problems respectfully with their peers and teachers.
- Teaches the child to write their first and last name.
- Develops letter recognition of upper and lower case letters.
- Begins to recognize letter sounds.
- Works on rhyming words.
- Will practice counting and number recognition, naming colors and shapes, sorting, and classifying.
- Will work on developing their fine motor skills through writing, cutting out shapes and exploring other manipulatives.
- Teaches children their addresses and phone numbers.
- Has a Bible class every other week.
- Allows a child to participate in Music class and learn basic music concepts.