Requirements: Must be 5 by Dec. 31
Suggested Prerequisite: previous preschool experience
Ratios: Ohio Job and Family Services allows for a 1 teacher to 14 students ratio
We will maintain a ratio of 2 teachers with 14 students
This allows for quality programming and ensures the children’s sense of safety and security within the classroom.
We offer 4 day extended morning classes from 9:00-12:45.
Curriculum: All of our programs use Creative Curriculum as a guide. The goal of all of our program is to meet the Ohio Preschool Standards that are set by the state. Our highly qualified teaching staff plans activities based on the interest and needs of the children.
- Prepare each child for Kindergarten
- Enhance reading skills (letter recognition, letter sounds, and exposure to site words)
- Provide experiences for cooperative play, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Practice Math skills (number recognition and number concepts, counting, sorting, identifying coins, graphing, 3 D shapes, classifying and matching activities)
- Learn our addresses and phone numbers
- Express their thoughts and writing skills through journal writing.
- Practice rhyming words
- Learns their right and left hand
- Comprehend and sequence the events of a story.
- Provide opportunities through building , art, language, large muscle time and dramatic play.
- The classroom will provide experiences for cooperative play, problem solving.
- Continue to work on independence
- Participate and learn Bible stories
- Learn basic musical concepts and explore a variety of instruments in Music Class.